Information Retrieval Meeting (IRM 2022)
Digitalization and automation are currently much discussed topics. There is hardly an aspect of life for which a digital solution cannot be identified. Digitalization primarily means that individual processes and tasks are to be digitally supported, while automation means the independent and automatic execution of processes and tasks.
The systematic identification and retrieval of relevant studies and related documents is a pillar of evidence-based medicine (EBM) and thus the basis for systematic reviews and health technology assessment (HTA) reports. High methodological and practical demands are made for information retrieval and the daily work is greatly influenced by electronic data processing and software-based procedures.
The changes in working methods and the associated expectations through increasing digitalization and automation are considerable. The Covid 19 pandemic has accelerated this development, especially with regard to virtual collaboration.
In information retrieval for systematic reviews and HTA reports, information specialists deal with these challenges in very different ways and organizations come up with different solutions. This can involve the use of comprehensive software solutions (e.g. complex systematic review management tools) or merely simple macros or online tools supporting the daily work.
During our meeting, we would like to discuss current developments and practical experiences with digitalization and automation in information retrieval. The aim is to inspire participants through a mix of lectures and workshops as well as other participatory formats and networking events.
We look forward to your contributions and an exciting programme!
It will be a pleasure to welcome you to Cologne on behalf of the Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care - IQWiG.
Highlights planned so far
- Presentations on digitalization and automation in information retrieval and management, including presentations from HTA agencies from Germany and abroad.
- The International Collaboration for the Automation of Systematic Reviews (ICASR) working group will hold its annual meeting within the context of our meeting and participate in discussion panels/activities.
- Workshops will be held on a wide range of topics.
We look forward to welcoming
information specialists and librarians, as well as all those interested in information retrieval from Germany and abroad.
We look forward to your contributions on automation and digitalization, especially on topics such as:
Established bibliographic databases are increasingly opening up further options for database use through linking and supplementary data processing (such as iCite, “Similar Articles” or "Best Match" functions in PubMed). Contributors could present the features of such options or similar options as well as any related evaluations.
- A core task of scientific libraries is to make literature available. Contributors could show options, experiences and tools for automating and optimizing workflows for full-text retrieval (e.g. by implementing discovery systems, integrating link resolvers or other tools for fast, uncomplicated access to full texts).
- In addition, new options, challenges and concepts for publications could be presented (e.g. preprint servers or repositories). In addition, collaboration / support in the area of publishing could be offered.
Contributors could describe technical solutions that simplify complex working steps or make them possible in the first place. These could be information on the development of the contributors’ own applications (e.g. macros), the use of software interfaces, or practical presentations of existing tools, such as the automated translation of search strategies.