Location and approach
Program your navigation device to Erfstraße Köln and then follow the signs to the MediaPark parking garage. When entering the parking garage, turn left in the direction of KölnTurm/NH-Hotel. Please do not enter the address of the Institute into your navigation device, as the KölnTurm is located in a dead-end street.
...with the tram
- Take the S 6 (direction Nippes), S 11 (direction Düsseldorf), S 12 or S 13 (direction Düren / Hansaring) to Hansaring Station, Travel time : about 2 minutes, or RB 25 Direction Hansaring to Hansaring Station, Travel time: about 2 minutes
- On foot from Hansaring Station: Turn right after the electronics store "Saturn”, take the next street to the left into Maybachstraße, walk straight ahead, and then turn right into MediaPark. The KölnTurm (Mediapark 8) ist the highest building. Walking time: about 10 minutes
- Line 16 (direction Niehl Sebastianstraße), Line 18 (direction Thielenbruch) or Line 5 (direction Reichensperger Platz). Change at Ebertplatz to Line 12 (direction Zollstock) or Line 15 (direction Ubierring) to Christophstraße / MediaPark Station or Hansaring Station, Travel time : about 9 minutes
- On foot from Christophstraße / MediaPark Station: Turn right into Kaiser-Wilhelm-Ring, walk across the traffic lights, turn left into Hermann-Becker-Straße and cross the bridge into MediaPark. The KölnTurm (Mediapark 8) ist the highest building. Walking time: about 8 minutes
Timetable of the cologne public transport services
From Cologne-Bonn Airport (CGN) by train
- S13 or S 19 (direction Hansaring) to Hansaring Station. Travel time: about 22 minutes
- On foot from Hansaring Station: Turn right after the electronics store "Saturn”, take the next street to the left into Maybachstraße, walk straight ahead, and then turn right into MediaPark.
Further journey by car
- Drive onto Kennedystraße (L84) via the approach road.
- Take the access road "Köln/Düsseldorf” onto the A59. Drive straight ahead onto the A559 (direction: "Zentrum”).
- Drive onto Deutzer Ring and then follow the B55 across the bridge called "Severinsbrücke” to the left side of the Rhine.
- Drive straight ahead on Tel-Aviv-Straße.
- Then follow Neuköllner Straße and Tunisstraße.
- Turn left onto Victoriastraße.
- Drive straight ahead onto Kyotostraße and Am Kümpchenshof. The Media Park (or underground car park) is in front of you.
Access to the car parks from the north is directly behind the railway bridge. You can either drive into the central underground car park of the MediaPark (keep right) or follow the signs to the parking spaces of the KölnTurm (keep left).
If you come from Hansaring, you can reach the car parks via the access road at the Cinedom cinema. On the left side of the cinema, you can drive into the central underground car park of the MediaPark or you can follow the signs to the parking spaces of the KölnTurm.
If you travel to IQWiG by taxi, the driver will take you to the underground entrance of the KölnTurm (MediaPark 8) in the underground car park (second basement floor [2.UG]). From there, you can use the underground entrance and call the reception at the visitors' terminal, and then use an escalator to the IQWiG reception.
Note: After calling the reception via the visitors' terminal, an elevator will be allocated to you electronically. Please make sure to hold the line until you are told which elevator to take (D, E or F).
Alternatively, you can also get off at the taxi rank of the MediaPark (on the access road to the Cinedom cinema). You can easily see the KölnTurm from there; it is only a short walk across the square.