Health Information: responsibilities of the department
The Health Information Department provides independent, evidence-based and easily understandable information for patients and the general community.
With this information, IQWiG aims to:
- enable the general public to make active and informed decisions on health questions,
- encourage the critical use of health-related services,
- improve knowledge about physical, mental and emotional health,
- improve comprehension of medical and scientific information, and
- enable patients to be supported by their family and friends.
The core project of the department is ist bilingual (DE/EN) website gesundheitsinformation.de/ informedhealth.org.
The staff in the department
- search and evaluate the evidence in order to identify health topics that are important and of interest to patients,
- produce specially prepared health information,
- update and supplement the contents of informedhealth.org at regular intervals,
- produce easily-understood information on IQWiG's final reports,
- and also handle their own projects commissioned by the Federal Joint Committee (G-BA) or the Federal Ministry of Health (BMG).