Medical Biometry: responsibilities of the department
The Medical Biometry Department is responsible for the biometric evaluation of studies and the statistical analysis of data. In this way, it supports the other departments in their projects.
The staff in the department:
- are responsible for the biometry in Institute projects and also handle their own projects on specific research questions,
- present and interpret study results,
- develop statistical methods for the evaluation of services in health care,
- keep up-to-date with current biometric journals, and
- are responsible for offering training in statistics to colleagues in the Institute.
In addition, the department plays a leading role in encouraging interdisciplinary discussion from a biometric viewpoint on research questions related to commissions. New findings from IQWiG projects are published in scientific journals and presented at national and international conferences.