Conflicts of interest
IQWiG's assessments are professionally independent. External experts participating in IQWiG's assessments are therefore obliged to disclose contacts (particularly with industry).
Information to be disclosed
- paid employment, self-employed and voluntary activities
- consultancy activities
- financial support received for research activities and patent applications
- payments received
- other financial or cash-value payments
- the possession of shares, share options or other company shares
- any other circumstances that, from the point of view of an impartial observer, may be assessed as conflict of interest
An obligation for disclosure exists for
- external experts involved in IQWiG's assessments
- patients or other persons affected involved in establishing patient-relevant outcomes
Documents on conflicts of interest
Different forms for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest are available for different kinds of participation.
Sample: Form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest
Version: Early benefit assessment (§35a)
This form is aimed at applicants for collaboration in early benefit assessments of drugs according to §35a Social Code Book V.