PD Dr. med. Stefan Lange
1982 to 1989 Study of medicine at the Heinrich Heine University, Düsseldorf.
1989 to 1993 Junior doctor and assistant doctor at the Medical Clinic of the Ferdinand Sauerbruch Hospital, Wuppertal (Director: Prof. Dr. J. Köbberling).
1993 to 2004 Research Associate, Department of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, Ruhr University, Bochum (Director: Univ.-Prof. Dr. H.-J. Trampisch).
1994 Doctorate in Medicine.
1999 Biometry in Medicine Certificate of the German Association of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology (GMDS).
2003 Habilitation (qualification for a professorship) and venia legendi (award of title of Privatdozent) in Medical Biometry and Clinical Epidemiology.
2004 to date Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (Director: Prof. Dr. Jürgen Windeler): Deputy Director since 2005; Department Head Non-drug Interventions until end of 2007.
- Internal and external representation of the Institute's Management.
- Supervision of the report preparation.
- Updating of the Institute's Methods.
- Advisor to other departments in the fields of non-drug therapeutic interventions and the evaluation of diagnostic tests and screening procedures.
- Scientific research, in particular in methodology and evaluation of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, and health services research.
- Internal further training in non-drug therapeutic interventions and in the evaluation of diagnostic tests and screening procedures.