IQWiG's assessments are professionally independent. External experts participating in IQWiG's assessments are therefore obliged to disclose contacts (particularly with industry).
Information to be disclosed
- paid and voluntary work
- advisory activities
- financial support received for scientific activities and patent applications
- fees received
- other financial or monetary benefits
- the possession of shares, warrants or other business shares, and
- any other circumstances which, from the point of view of an unbiased observer, may be considered a conflict of interest
The disclosure obligation applies to
- work as an external expert on an IQWiG product
- work as a medical advisor (e.g. on an early benefit assessment, on an assessment of the potential of a non-drug intervention or on a new examination and treatment method with high-risk medical devices)
Sample: Form for disclosure of potential conflicts of interest
Version: Early benefit assessment (§35a)
This form is aimed at applicants for collaboration in early benefit assessments of drugs according to §35a Social Code Book V.