Medical Biometry: Head of Department
Prof. Dr. Ralf Bender, Dipl.-Stat.
Statistician and epidemiologist. 1995: Certificate in Medical Biometry. 1998: Certificate in Epidemiology. Former Research Associate at the Universities of Hanover, Düsseldorf, Bochum, Bielefeld and Mainz. 2001: Habilitation (qualification for a professorship) in Medical Statistics and Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Bielefeld University (2005: Habilitation at the Medical Faculty, University of Cologne). 2003 to 2004: Head of the Statistical Advisory Service, University Clinics of Mainz. Member of numerous scientific societies: e.g. International Biometric Society (IBS), (Head of the working group Statistical Methods in Medicine, IBS German Region); German Society for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology (GMDS), (member of the GMDS certification commission "Medical Documentation”). Expert and advisor to the Cochrane Review Group "Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders” (since 2000); the German Commission for Radiation Protection (2001-2003); and the German Research Foundation (2002).
- Methodological work on statistical procedures that play a role in the evaluation of health care services.
- Publication of results of the Institute's methodological work in scientific journals.
- Further development of the Institute's methods.
- Literature screening for statistical topics relevant to EBM.
- Internal further training on statistical issues.
- Data analysis for projects conducted by the Institute.